Appropriate and respectful communication
Tact is the ability to communicate sincerely in a way that considers other people’s feelings and reactions. Mastery of tactful language ranges from the appropriate use of minimizers and embedded context to saving one’s own and the other’s face while not answering a question directly.
Goals and content
- Relationship and interference management
- Communication techniques for appropriate and professional behaviour
- Saying “no” politely and clearly
- Dealing with social and linguistic derailments
- Linguistic essentials for more tact in your business communication