How are you?
The business cooperation with Canadians deserves a professional and filigree preparation. They are known to be tolerant and understanding; however, they themselves appreciate it very much if they are treated politely and respectfully. Polish your business communication in English or French and shine in meetings with appropriate tonality and a tailored appearance.
Your workshop is tailor-made; every new insight gained is relevant to your upcoming professional challenge.
- Identify, understand and use intercultural barriers as an opportunity
- Reflect self-perception and compare with intercultural perception; stereotypes
- Deepen knowledge and understanding of Canadian social manners and business culture
- Optimize communication with Canadian colleagues, employees and business partners
- Values and norms of the Canadian society: relevant political, religious, philosophical and social aspects
- Social and business manners, notion of social distance
- Hierarchy and leadership concepts; heroes, symbols, rituals
- Knowledge and process transfer, learning and error behaviour
- Time culture: punctuality, appointments and arrangements
- Shaping business interactions successfully: meetings, business negotiations, contracts, …
- Verbal and non-verbal communication
- Networking, socializing and trust-building
- Self-initiative, motivation, feedback and criticism
- Sources of conflict and tension in business behaviour and communication and solutions
- Expectation management of both intercultural parties
- Business manners in French Canada