Feedback is an essential instrument for professional and organisational growth. Easily trained, strongly effective!
Feedback is the growth instrument that helps your team and management to operate at their best, achieve goals and learn from mistakes. And this doesn’t have to be harsh or disastrous! The true mastery of giving and receiving feedback lies in its structure and formulation. Learn how to give effective feedback that increases your productivity and team harmony. As a part of professional excellence, we have carefully structured our feedback course to train you internationally.
Our feedback training gives you a better understanding about the art of giving and receiving effective feedback. Our experts train you with international standards and principles that are used to improve and motivate employee performance. You will also learn specifically what feedback is, how negative feedback is weighed more heavily than positive, and how positive and constructive feedback can super-charge behaviours such as creativity and teamwork. We give you a process you can use to improve, formulate and customize feedback according to the people.
While the feedback itself may seem straightforward, its effectiveness depends upon its delivery. This course offers an awareness of why constructive feedback is often ineffective and does not deliver the desired results. When it is done in the right way and with the right intentions, feedback can lead to outstanding performance.
After completing this course, you will have learned: what is feedback, terminology used in giving feedback, why constructive feedback is essential, providing feedback in real situations, characteristics of effective feedback, using communication strategies to give feedback, non-verbal feedback, how to receive feedback graciously, how to give feedback in a clear and descriptive manner and much more.
Course outline: what’s covered
- What effective feedback is
- Install mindset about the proper feedbacks
- International standard feedback techniques
- Feedback strategies
- Tonality of feedback
- Formulating feedback structure
- When to give feedback
- Using moral verbs and softeners
- Credible communication and more…
Effective Feedback course – Advantages/Outcome
By establishing feedback in a tem, you can empower each other in a two-way direction. After this course most will experience process of feedback will no longer be unnerving and fear-provoking. After this course, the learner will:
- Be able to provide constructive criticism that takes into account the sensitivity of communication
- Experience substantial increase of productivity
- Be able to use feedback as a growth and excellence tool
- Experience personal and professional development
- Have gained knowledge about feedback culture
- Be able to identify the right time & place to give feedback
- Have learned how to develop feedback parameters to monitor and measure the development
- Appreciate the added value to the business, the time-saving potential and the decrease in mistakes
This course is for:
- Middle management: managers – supervisors – team leaders
- Employees who aspire a management position
- Managers in training
- Anyone is a leadership position who needs/ wants a refresher on how to provide effective, constructive feedback
This course is not designed for:
- Leaders who already have extensive practical experience and knowledge in this area
- Students who are not prepared to appreciate that they may need to adapt the recommended process to the work practices and rules of the country they work in
- Online – Zoom
We tailor the content and activities to be specific to your current needs and run the course in our usual activity-based workshop style training online or on-site.
We achieve great outcomes as we keep our learner-centric approach.
You will have an expert trainer who talks to you prior to the session and tailors the delivery to use your terminology, ensure activities are relevant and directly applicable and ensures an engaging learning experience that provides you with skills and techniques you can apply the very next day.