Understanding meets delivery
While sitting with the customer, the ‘old school’ consultant tells him what he needs. The modern consultant explores true needs, predominantly asks questions and allies with the client to work out the best solution. In the ‘new school’ mode, consultants enter the meeting prepared, yet unbiased and agile. They demonstrate a deep understanding of their customers and their needs, without losing their own business interest out of sight and have a wide range of communication techniques at their disposal.
Goals and content
- Customer profiling and needs analysis
- Old-school sales vs. customer consultancy
- The presentation paradox: consult through questions
- Explorative and concentrated consultancy mode
- Bespoke pacing, structure, semantics, conversational scope and depth